UIUC AAUP Policy Committee
Present: Bettina Francis, Richard Laugesen, Walter McMahon, John Prussing, Bruce Rosenstock, H. F. Williamson
The meeting began at about 12:29 p.m. with Laugesen presiding.
(1) Review of the Minutes for March 14, 2019 Meeting of Policy Committee. The minutes were approved after minor revisions in two individual’s names.
(2) Review of schedule of remaining meetings for spring semester. The schedule for the rest of the spring given the postponement of the meeting with Chancellor Jones will be:
(3) Proposed Schedule of Fall Meetings: Williamson noted that if we continue to meet at 12:30 p.m. on an early Thursday in the month, the proposed schedule for next fall would be as shown below. This will be reviewed and voted upon at the May meeting of the Policy Committee:
(4) Preparation for Meeting with Chancellor Jones on May 2, 2019. The draft agenda was reviewed again with no changes recommended. The final agenda will be prepared once the names of those planning to attend are known.
(5) Review of Promotion and Tenure Workshop on March 26, 2019. Prussing reported that he felt the meeting went well and that there was a good turnout. He thanked Laugesen for chairing meeting so effectively.
(6) Preparation for Annual Meeting
There were no other reports so the meeting adjourned at about 1:10 p.m. As noted above, the final meeting of the semester will be on Thursday, May 2, 2019 in 217 Illini Union following the earlier meeting with Chancellor Jones. The Annual Meeting is at 3 p.m. on Thursday, April 25 in 314A Illini Union