Summary Report for UIUC AAUP Policy Committee Meeting on November 13, 2013
Present: Ken Andersen, Connie Caveny, Harry Hilton, Lewis Hopkins, Walter McMahon, David O’Brien, John Prussing, Leslie Struble, H. F. Williamson
The meeting began at about 12:10 p.m.
(1) Guest Speaker. Hilton introduced John Kindt, Chair of the Senate Faculty and Staff Benefits Committee. Kindt led a discussion on a number of topics including (a) the changes health insurance for retirees for whom the deadline for making a choice is December 13 and (b) the status of the possible pension legislation in Springfield.
(2) Report. Hilton reported that he has contacted the Provost’s office to see when the Provost and Barbara Wilson are free in order to determine a date for the spring tenure workshop. He has also invited the Chancellor to meet with us at her convenience.
(3) Review of the Minutes for October 16, 2013 Meeting of Policy Committee. The minutes for the meeting were approved.
(4) Planning for December 11 Meeting of Policy Committee.
(5) Approval of spring schedule of regular Policy Committee meetings. Given we meet on the third Wednesday when possible, the schedule for the spring would be (each meeting will be in 215 Illini Union).:
(6) Chapter Reaction to Wozniak Decision. Hilton indicated that he would be working with the Policy Committee to determine what we might indicate about our concerns over the case to the Board of Trustees and President Easter.