UIUC AAUP Policy Committee
Present: Kenneth Andersen, Hadi Esfahani, Bettina Francis, Harry Hilton, Richard Laugesen, Harry Liebersohn, Walter McMahon, David O’Brien, , Robert Parker John Prussing, Leslie Struble, H. F. Williamson; Guest: Bruce Rosenstock
The meeting began at about 12:05 p.m. with Harry Hilton presiding.
(1) Review of the Minutes for March 16, 2016 Meeting of Policy Committee. The minutes were approved.
2) President’s Report. Hilton provided written copies of his report. A copy of this report is part of these minutes and will be cited as appropriate among the Action Items below.
(2) Schedule of Spring 2016 Policy Committee meetings:
(3) Schedule of Fall Meetings: Williamson presented a schedule for the fall meetings if we continue to meet on Wednesdays. He was asked to poll the Policy Committee on whether an alternative date would be preferable. For reference, the Wednesday dates would be:
(4) Comment Period. It was agreed that the comments would be more appropriate when discussing the negotiations between the University and the NTTF.
(5) Final Planning for the Spring Tenure Workshop. The workshop is all set for 2:30-4 p.m. on Thursday, April 14, in in 314B Illini Union.
(6) Planning for Annual Meeting on May 10 in 210 Illini Union.
(7) Attendance at Annual Meeting AAUP Meeting in Washington, D.C. Assuming that the Chapter has at least three delegates, Hilton, Francis, and Rosenstock were approved as delegates.
(8) Status of Negotiations between University and NTFC Local 6546. There was a lengthy discussion of this issue led by O’Brien, Liebersohn, and Rosenstock. It was agreed that they would work with Hilton to prepare a resolution for the Policy Committee to consider by email
(9) Ad hoc Committee on Governance Issues including Workshop. Esfahani reported that the committee would be meeting to go over his suggestions for what should be done.
The meeting adjourned at about 1:20 p.m.
Prepared by H. Williamson, Secretary
As noted above, the final spring meeting of the Policy Committee will be on May 4, 2016.