Summary Report for UIUC AAUP Policy Committee Meeting on August 19, 2009
Present: Abbas Aminmansour, Ken Andersen, Geneva Belford, Linn Belford, Connie Caveny, Harry Hilton, Lewis Hopkins, John Prussing, Arthur Robinson, Robert Spitze, Leslie Struble, Donald Uchtmann, H. F. Williamson
The meeting began at 12:10 p.m. with John Prussing presiding.
(1) Review of Material in Packet. The Minutes for the Policy Committee Meeting, June 8, 2009, were approved. Copies of the President’s Report for Spring, 2009 and the Minutes for Annual Meeting, May 12, 2009 were provided for reference. Williamson asked the members to check their entries on the current roster for the Policy Committee. There was a discussion of possible new members for AAUP committees. The importance of having a member of the Policy Committee who is also on the Senates Conference was stressed.
(2) Schedule of Meetings for Fall Semester. The regularly scheduled meetings of the Policy Committee this fall are: September 14, October 12, November 9, and December 14. Each meeting is on the second Monday of the month and will be in 211 IUB.
(3) Meeting of Officers and Fall Activities. Prussing noted that the officers will meet next week to plan for the activities this fall. This will include discussion of the compositions of the Policy Committee and the other Chapter Committees, possible campus administrators to invite to join us, and topics we will be covering this fall. If you have any suggestions or comments on these matters, please let John Prussing know by email.
(4) Admissions Related and Other Issues.
(5) National Meeting in June. Andersen and Prussing discussed the draft of Andersen’s report on the 2009 AAUP National Convention. Andersen will prepare a final report for the web site.
(6) Chapter Web Site. Caveny discussed her efforts to keep the web site current.